Map Source: http://infrastructure.ofcom.org.uk
Campaign for SuperFast Fibre Broadband for London Businesses
Fibre Broadband Coverage for business – What Is the Problem?
- The availability of fibre broadband in The City and West End of London is virtually nil
- The average coverage of fibre broadband in the Square Mile is between 0% and 20%
- The slower your internet connection speed, the lower the productivity of your business and workforce
- The Government are offering vouchers to help get a better broadband connection but the voucher only covers your connection fee for a leased ADSL line
- BT have no plans to replace the old copper cables that are currently providing slow and unreliable broadband connections in The City and West End
- Money is being thrown at the problem, but not in the right area – the infrastructure needs to be upgraded to pull London in line with other leading cities in terms of connection speeds.
What do we want to do about it?
- Gather real information from real people about your own connection speed and type in relation to your postcode
- Investigate further as to what BT’s official line is about the issue
- Listen to what you have to say about your experiences with internet in your workplace
- Compile your information in our own map to show real-time coverage and average speed
- Present the findings of our campaign to local MPs, BT and Government for feedback
- Increase awareness of the problem by ensuring we gather as much support as possible from all types of businesses within The City and West End.