To guarantee an effective IT infrastructure, you need to be sure all the elements of your network, such as servers and routers are communicating properly.
Prosyn advises small to medium-sized businesses on connectivity issues surrounding their networks and internet services as well as proactively monitoring these connections to ensure users remain productive.
Good connectivity ensures your devices are able to transfer data back and forth quickly, for example, when the computer you are working on needs to connect to the server to access your files. Bad network connectivity is often the root cause of systems running slowly.
We work exclusively for London-based SMEs and our friendly, accredited engineers would be happy to discuss you connectivity options in the capital.
Types of connections you may be considering:
- ADSL – Asymmetric digital subscriber lines are a type of DSL broadband technology used for connecting your network to the internet. They allow data to be transferred more quickly than traditional phone lines.
- Fibre FTTC – Fibre FTTC uses fibre optic cables to increase the speed of your broadband connection and is often referred to as ‘super-fast broadband’. This technology is being deployed in the UK by BT and Virgin Media.
- Leased Lines – A leased line is an agreement between customer and supplier, where the supplier will lease a symmetric telecommunications line for a monthly fee.
- Etherstream Fibre – Etherstream is an alternative to a leased line, at a lower cost. The Etherstream is supplied by Easynet.
- Dark Fibre – A dark fibre or unlit fibre is an unused optical fibre used for fibre optic communication.
How Prosyn specifies the right service for you
- Prosyn determines the number of users who will be using the line, because this will affect the overall speed.
- We also assess what users are doing. Depending whether they are simply browsing the internet, or frequently downloading large files, the speed of your service will need to be adjusted accordingly.
- We look at the relative importance of users’ functions and the level of their dependence on the internet.
- Our final consideration is the cost of down time to the user.
- Prosyn then analyses these variables to determine the perfect solution for your business.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Do you need expert IT help right away?
Prosyn has offered sound advice and support throughout this project. Their engineers are very well informed and have gone the extra mile by responding to post-installation faults that they were not strictly contracted to cover. We would certainly recommend their services to others.
Bute House Preparatory School is one of the most sought after establishments for parents of primary-aged girls in West London. Prosyn had formerly carried out some repair work on one of the school’s servers, managing to copy off the important data and restore a fully functional machine. The IT provider had also been providing an online backup, which formed part of the school’s disaster recovery plan, but now Bute House wanted to review its network in greater depth to provide for long-term stability and ensure the smooth installation of a remote working solution.
The culmination of this planning phase, which lasted for almost twelve months, was a physical to virtual server migration and Prosyn was commissioned to install VMware laying the foundation for a more scalable virtual server environment. When Bute House expressed a desire to install a Citrix-based system for remote email and file access, Prosyn was quick to highlight the need for adequate security provision, so an RSA SecureID virtual private network (VPN) also formed part of this assignment.
Jai Campbell, IT Manager, commented: “The VMware solution has given us greater scalability and is saving us time and money in terms of system admin. When I was informed by our Citrix gateway provider that an extra server would be required, I was able to create a new virtual machine in just an hour. Ordering and configuring the physical equivalent would have taken me days.”
More About Our IT Project Services
Company Registration Number: 4520472
VAT Number: 802869909
Copyright © 2019 EC-MSP Limited trading as Prosyn